Monday, June 9, 2008

A Day by the Lake


Lake Gardner, Amesbury, MA


Holy cow! What a walk this turned out to be! I hopped in the truck with my master and we went for a ride down some winding roads. Then we turned into what I thought was parking lot, but it turned out there was a lake on the other side. I was ready to go and say hi to all the people along the beach, but my master once again kept a firm grip on my leash.

After a few minutes of looking at the water, we started walking along a trail on the side of the lake. it was a dirt path that went into the forest. It was very cool in there, and there were lots of critters to chase after, but i really didn't see any other people around. Where was everybody on such a nice day?

After about 30 minutes we turned down a small trail that went right to the water. My master took his shoes off and went in, up to his ankles, but I was a bit afraid. The water was muddy and I did not want to get my paws all dirty. Can I help it if I'm a clean dog?

When we finished by the water we returned to the main trail. I was ready to head back in the direction we came from, but my master went the other way! What was he thinking? He must have read my mind though, because after just a few feet of trail, he turned around and we both headed back to the truck.

It was a long trip home, because we ended up driving along side another lake. I thought we were going to stop and walk again, but thankfully we didn't. When we got home, I took a long nap on the floor in front of the couch. My female master was a bit concerned that their might be something wrong with me, but I was fine. I heard them talking about this place, so maybe I'm coming back here again soon.

Bye for now!

No comments: